We made a cartoon. It took a pretty long time, but we did it. We made a cartoon. From scratch. Us.
To say that it was a journey is selling the experience short. It was more than a journey; it was a learning experience and a haphazard dance of trial and error that I’d absolutely do again and again on a hobby-level and one day on a professional level.
We worked hard on it. It’s not perfect, but I hope you enjoy it.
Some housecleaning stuff:
- Chad, Mattia, and I (Ian) wrote it, re-wrote it, and then re-wrote it again. And then after sitting on it for a fortnight, re-wrote five times more.
- All three of us also did stuff that amounts to definition of directing, but in the loosest sense of the word.
- I drew and colored pretty much every single frame and every single background. I was a Korean animation sweatshop unto myself.
- The alien ship and all her angles and the official poster; that was the purview of Mattia, and much thanks goes to his design.
- Chad was the one who took my drawings and frames and tried to give them emotions, but for the most part he just yelled at the computer, and declaring everyone involved was “bush league”.
- Chad compiled the audio. I mastered the audio. And Chad and I mixed some sound effects.
- Chad was Freak. I was Callahan. And Mattia steals the show as Chauncey, the alien captain.
Visit our main website The Galactic Crayon